Home Hotels IHG Hotels

IHG Hotels

There’s A New InterContinental Coming To Colombo

IHG has announced that it has signed a management agreement to bring the InterContinental brand back to Sri Lanka. The Kingsbury Colombo was an InterContinental property up to approximately 6 years ago so the Sri Lankan capital has been InterContinental-free since then.

IHG Sale & Promotion: 20-30% Off & Up To 5,000 Bonus Points Per Stay

IHG has launched its "Easy Like Summer" promotion in which it's offering a number of incentives to those ready to book travel for stays in the next 3 months (approximately). Three separate incentives are on offer covering discounts on room rates, bonus points and extra savings through IHG's fuel rewards program so there should be something here for everyone.

IHG Launches A New “Upscale” Brand – Voco

We've reached a point where hotel chains have too many brands for customers to keep up with but there's no sign that the proliferation of brands is slowing down. Marriott/Starwood has 30 brands, Wyndham has 29 brands, Hilton has 14 brands and, before this week, IHG had 12 brands and from a customer standpoint there is absolutely no reason for all these brands to exist (can you tell the difference between a Residence Inn and Fairfield suites?).

7 Good Kimpton Deals Which Could Save You Money

Kimpton is the boutique hotel brand purchased by IHG back in 2015 and just recently incorporated into the IHG Rewards program. The hotels have a small but vocal following and, if you feel like finding out why some of these properties are so popular, you should check out these offers first to see if you can make the most of any of them.

IHG Signs Up A New Crowne Plaza In Qatar

IHG has announced that it has signed an agreement to convert the M Doha Hotel into the Crowne Plaza Doha West bay by the end of August 2018. With the property in its current guise fairing reasonably well on TripAdvisor this could be a nice addition to the IHG portfolio for those visiting the Middle East.

IHG Buys Controlling Stake In A Small Luxury Chain – Here’s What We Know

On 14 March 2018 IHG announced that it has acquired a 51% controlling stake in Regent Hotels & Resorts for $39m in cash. IHG has also got the right to purchase the remaining 49% in stages starting in 2026.

IHG Adds Tesla Charging Stations To All Crown Plaza Properties In Australasia

Tesla is the only electric car manufacturer that has succeeded in making serious inroads into the motor industry (you can't move for Tesla Model S vehicles in LA) and, as more and more people jump on the Tesla bandwagon, it's becoming increasingly important for hotels to provide guests with somewhere the can charge their vehicle overnight.

IHG City Lights Sale: Get Up To 30% Off In 6 US Cities

IHG is running a very poorly publicised promotion (I only found it by accident) which offers discounts of between 15% and 30% on hotel bookings in 6 major US cities. Importantly, it looks as if 8 InterContinental properties are participating in this sale and the locations on offer are actually ones that you're likely to want to visit so this is a sale worth a closer look.

News: A New Kimpton in SoCal, United Copies Delta (Again), Try The QSuites At...

A roundup of some of the hotel and airline news from the past few days. Includes news of a new Kimpton property to be opened in southern California, details of how United is copying Delta (again) and clamping down on fake emotional support animals (expect American Airlines to follow any day now) and news of a new Grand Hyatt opening in the Caribbean.
IHG Rewards

Last Day To Book IHG Properties At Pre-Devaluation Rates

IHG hasn't been making many friends recently. We're only a little over two weeks into 2018 and we've already been told that the hotel chain is significantly weakening its best rate guarantee and increasing the cost of an award night at 499 properties worldwide. The changes to the cost of IHG award nights comes into effect from 16 January 2018 (tomorrow) so you have less than 24 hours to make any reservations you think you may need at the older rates (don't forget that IHG Rewards award bookings are fully refundable).

Recent Posts

Credit Cards