Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page
Hilton has announced a sale across all of the regions in which it operates (although not all countries within each region are necessarily taking part). As usual Hilton Honors members get an additional discount and savings (for Honors members) range between 20% and 35% depending on which region the property you’re booking is in.
Hilton See The World Sale – Headline Terms & Conditions
- Offer subject to availability at participating hotels and resorts within the Hilton Portfolio in the U.S., Canada, Latin America, Southeast Asia, Australasia, UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Book by March 19, 2018
- Hilton Honors Membership is required to book the Hilton Honors Members rate (join here for free)
- Stay dates vary by region – see region specific rules below
- Advance purchase rules vary by region – see region specific rules below.
- The actual discount rate relates to the hotel’s Best Available Rate (“BAR”), which is a specific rate type that varies depending on time of purchase, is unrestricted, non-qualified and excludes discount rates.
- 100% deposit for stay at the time of booking.
- No cancellations, refunds or transfers.
- Hotel may cancel reservation if invalid credit card information is provided or if credit card is declined.
- The booking must be made within the booked period specified herein.
- A limited number of rooms will be available for this offer.
USA, Canada & Latin America – Specific Rules
- Stay between March 25, 2018 to September 9, 2018
- 3 day advance purchase required
- Participating hotels in the U.S., Canada and Latin America, except Conrad and Waldorf Astoria hotels, are offering a 15% off the best available rate for Non-Hilton Honors members and 20% off the best available rate for Hilton Honors Members.
- Conrad and Waldorf Astoria hotels are offering a 10% off the best available rate for Non-Hilton Honors members and 15% off the best available rate for Hilton Honors Members.
Southeast Asia & Australia – Specific Rules
- Stay between March 18, 2018 to December 31, 2018
- 5 day advance purchase required
- Participating hotels in Southeast Asia and Australasia are offering a 25% off Flexible Rate (BAR) or Bed and Breakfast Rate (B&B) for Non-Hilton Honors members and 35% off Flexible Rate (BAR) or Bed and Breakfast Rate (B&B) for Hilton Honors members.
UK, Europe, Middle East & Africa – Specific Rules
- Stay between March 16, 2018 to August 31, 2018
- Stays must be completed on a weekend
- 3 day advance purchase required
- In case your contract with Hilton is governed by German law a refund of 10% of the paid rates applies upon cancellation.
- Participating hotels in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa are offering 20% off BAR for non-Hilton Honors members and 25% off BAR at:
- Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts
- Conrad® Hotels & Resorts
- DoubleTree by Hilton™
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Canopy by Hilton
- Curio, a collection by Hilton.
- Participating hotels in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa are offering 10% off BAR for non-Hilton Honors members and 15% off BAR at:
- Hampton by Hilton™
- Hilton Garden Inn™
Things To Bear In Mind
As with most hotel sales nothing is entirely straight forward (the different rules for different regions is tedious) so you need to be aware of a few things.
- The headline discounts are based on flexible hotel rates and not the cheapest rate offered by the property. This means that the actual discounts (based on the cheapest price you can book) will be lower than the headline rates being advertised.
- Reservations made in this sale are non-refundable so, despite the fact that the discount is based on a flexible rate, you should make sure of your plans before you dive in.
- Hilton’s 1st quarter promotion is still running (through 30 April) so, for stays made by then, you can earn 2,000 Bonus Points per stay and an additional 10,000 Bonus Points for every 5 stays (register here)
The people who get the best deals in promotions like these are the ones who (a) know how much the properties cost outside of the sale (so they can work out the true discount on offer) and (b) don’t book a stay just because there’s a sale on.
Some discounts here are undoubtably very good but if you weren’t planning on making a trip in the first place this sale isn’t actually saving you any money at all – it’s costing you money (think about it).
If you have been planning a trip then this sale may have come at the right time for you as there are definitely deals to be had. Make sure you shop around and don’t make any hasty decisions – don’t forget that reservations made in this sale are non-refundable.
If anyone spots any particularly good deals (or even a deal you’re happy you’ve booked) please share in the comments section below.