Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published.
UPDATE: 3 flyers have now been upgraded and the giveaway is now over. Thanks to all those who messaged me and I’m sorry if you didn’t get upgraded this time. Still….the way my upgrades are going right now I may have more to give away at the end of 2018 so make sure you check back 🙂
Christmas is coming a little late to Traveling For Miles but better late than never – I’d like to give three readers the use of the American Airlines Systemwide Upgrades I can’t use before they expire.
The systemwide upgrades don’t expire until 31 January 2018 but, as I’ve explained in previous posts, I’m doing my best to avoid giving American Airlines any more of my cash than I absolutely have to and, thanks to the lack of confirmable upgrade space on American Airlines, I really don’t see that changing anytime soon….even if it is to use up my systemwide upgrade allocation.
Here’s the best proof I can offer that I have the upgrades to give away:
The Rules Of The Giveaway
- There is nothing that I want in exchange for these upgrades.
- To enter you’ll need to message me via this blog (HERE)
- To be able to apply one of my systemwide upgrades to one of your American Airlines flights I will need:
- Your full name
- Your record locator
- Your itinerary
- Contact information
- Proof that the upgrade is actually available (screenshots from ExpertFlyer will do – free ExpertFlyer trials are available via this link)
- Only 1 SWU will be given out per person
- All flights to be upgraded must depart on or before 31 January 2018
- You are responsible for any taxes due for the upgraded cabin
- I will only upgrade readers from Economy to Business Class (if you’re booked into Business Class you’re comfortable enough already!)
- I will only upgrade long-haul international trips – I’m not about to blow a systemwide upgrade on LAX – SFO!
- I choose who I give the upgrades to – there is no right of appeal
- If upgrade space is no longer available when I contact American Airlines to apply the upgrade that’s just bad luck for you and I’ll move on to the next person.
- I will accept applications for upgrades up until 11:59 PT on 29 December 2017 and, after that, I’ll choose who to give them to.
- If necessary I will extend the offer past promotion period to make sure all 3 SWUs are used.
When you message me please use the following format:
- Your full name
- Your Record locator
- Your itinerary (including exact dates)
- The sector(s) you want upgraded
- The best way to contact you
- Proof that the upgrade is available (e.g ExpertFlyer screenshot)
American Airlines 777-300ER Business Class
How I’ll Pick Who Gets The SWUs
- I will choose the winners by random and if one of the selections doesn’t meet the criteria set out above I’ll re-do the draw.
- I’ll contact the lucky recipients of the upgrades as soon as I’ve successfully upgraded them.
American Airlines 777-200 Business Class
This is meant to be something nice for someone who wasn’t expecting to sit in comfort on a long haul flight so please don’t write in and complain if you’re not one of the lucky ones.
Good luck looking for upgrade space and get messaging me as soon as you’ve found an available upgrade – I’m looking forward to getting three of you flying in a lot more comfort than AA Economy Class provides 🙂