Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Radisson has launched a new promotion in which Radisson rewards members can earn double points on all stays of 2 nights of more taken over the next 7 weeks. The offer is not targeted and appears to be open to all regions so the restrictions on this promotion are limited.
Radisson Double Points Promotion
- Registration is required via this page
- Promotion is valid on Eligible Night(s) booked and consumed from July 9, 2018 through August 31, 2018 (“Promotion Period”) at participating Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu®, Radisson®, Radisson RED, Park Plaza®, Park Inn® by Radisson and Country Inn & Suites® by Radisson hotels worldwide (collectively, “Participating Properties”).
- To be eligible for the Promotion, you must:
- (i) be a Radisson Rewards™ (formerly Club CarlsonSM) member;
- (ii) register for the Promotion; and
- (iii) provide your Radisson Rewards member number at the time of reservation or at check-in.
- Eligible Members will receive bonus points based on eligible stays of two or more consecutive eligible nights booked and consumed at Participating Properties during the Promotion Period.
- Points will be awarded and doubled based on the standard Club-level points awarded of 20 points per U.S. dollar spent (not adjusted to Silver/Gold/Platinum tiers), thus earning 40 points per U.S. dollar spent.
- There is no earning limit.
- An “Eligible Stay(s)” and “Eligible Night(s)” are a booking of at least two nights reserved at an Eligible Rate and booked through an eligible source, as defined in the Radisson Rewards Terms and Conditions.
- Both the check-in and check-out dates of the Eligible Stay(s) and Eligible Night(s) must take place during the Promotion Period.
- Stays or nights paid for by using Points or Points + Cash are not eligible for the Promotion.
- You only need to register once, but you must register before checkout of your Eligible Stay for that stay to count for the Promotion.
- The “Double Points” promotion (“Promotion”) is not offered in connection with a booking made via the “Dream Deals” promotional rate.
- Only one Radisson Rewards account may earn points for an Eligible Booking.
- Individual accounts only.
- Bonus points will be credited to the member’s account throughout the Promotion Period when the standard points are credited for the second eligible night.
- Points will usually be posted to a member’s account within 5 days after the qualifying Eligible Stay has been completed but may take longer to post.
I value Radisson Rewards points at 0.4 cents each so a 40 point/dollar earning rate is equivalent to a rebate of 16 cents/dollar (16%)….and that’s just for those with no status at all. The higher status you have the better the rebate gets:
- Silver – 16.8%
- Gold – 18%
- Platinum – 22%
Here’s how the math works out if you want to earn a free night at a 50,000 or 70,000 point per night property:
Earn a free night at a 50,000 point/night property
- Club Status: $1,250 spend required
- Silver Status: $1,191 spend required
- Gold Status: $1,112 spend required
- Platinum Status: $910 spend required
Earn a free night at a 70,000 point/night property
- Club Status: $1,750 spend required
- Silver Status: $1,667 spend required
- Gold Status: $1,556 spend required
- Platinum Status: $1,273 spend required
You can also earn a further 3,000 points/stay ($12 value) from your first stay just for booking through the Radisson mobile app (available for iOS and Android) as long as you haven’t already made use of this bonus (it’s a one time only thing).
Make sure you note that you should register before you check out of your first stay and that a stay has to be taken (and end) within the promotion period for it to count.
Even if you don’t have status the 16% rebate is a good return if you were planning on making a few Radisson stays anyway and, as existing bookings don’t appear to be exempt, there’s little reason why travelers can’t make the most of this.
If you have Platinum status the ability to earn a free night at a 50,000 point property after spending just $910 looks very good value especially as some 50,000 point properties can cost in excess of $200/night.
Even the amount of spend required (if you have Platinum status) for a free night at all top Radisson properties worldwide looks reasonable – having to spend $1,273 to earn a night at properties that can cost upwards of $400/night doesn’t seem too much to ask.
Anyone going to be able to make the most of this offer?