Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published.
Alaska Airlines is apparently getting all “misty eyed” over its 10 year anniversary of flying to Hawaii and it has launched a sweepstakes to send 8 people to Hawaii (in pairs, not all together!) for a 4-night stay on a Hawaiian island of their choice with a rental car and spending money thrown in.
Alaska Airlines Nonstop Aloha Sweepstakes
I’ll cover the prizes first…because that’s pretty much all anyone cares about 🙂
- 4 prizes are available in the Sweepstakes. Each prize is a trip to Hawaii for winner and 1 guest.
- Each trip includes:
- An Alaska Airlines voucher for 2 airline tickets from a major commercial airport near winner’s residence to winner’s choice of destination airport
- 4 nights hotel standard accommodations (single room/double occupancy) awarded as a voucher
- A $1,000 Visa gift card
- A 5 day car rental awarded as certificate
As prizes go that’s really not bad at all!
The Basic Rules
If you are an individual legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, and are at least 18 years of age, you are eligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
An eligible entrant may enter the Sweepstakes from October 1, 2017 at 9:00 AM Pacific Time until October 31, 2017 at 11:59 PM PT.
How To Enter:
- Visit the Nonstop Aloha Sweepstakes webpage
- Enter your email address followed by your contact details
- Answer a series of either/or questions to determine”which type of traveler you are”
I’ve done this for my own entry so this is what the questions look like:
My answers were:
- Snorkelling (relaxing in the ocean or sweating in the Hawaiian sun? Not really a tough choice!)
- Stargazing (horses smell, bite and kick and have no place in a Hawaiian vacation 🙂 )
- Coffee tour (I’ve zip-lined in Hawaii before so no need to do it all over again)
- Rooftop bar (I’ve been two three luaus and that’s enough for now – time for a pink drink that I couldn’t get away with ordering anywhere else in the world!)
At the end of all of that you’re told what kind of traveler you are.
This is me…apparently.
At this point you have 1 entry into the sweepstakes…but you can earn more.
You can return to the sweepstakes website every day (through 31 October), resubmit your information and answer the 4 questions to gain another entry and…
Per the rules:
Bonus Entries: During the Sweepstakes Period, an Entrant may earn additional Sweepstakes entries by the following methods:
Share on Facebook: After registering for the Sweepstakes, follow the links and instructions to share a pre-populated message about the Sweepstakes containing a unique link on Facebook. For each friend who clicks on the unique link in the Facebook post and registers for the Sweepstakes, Entrant will earn 1 bonus Sweepstakes entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: 5 bonus Sweepstakes entries total via this method.
Share on Twitter: After registering for the Sweepstakes, follow the links and instructions to share a pre-populated message on Twitter. Entrant will earn 1 bonus Sweepstakes entry into the Sweepstakes by sharing the Sweepstakes on Twitter. Limit: 5 bonus entries during the Sweepstakes Period for sharing the Sweepstakes on Twitter.
- Vouchers expire within 1 year of issuance.
- Hotel must be booked within 1 year of prize awarding.
- Guests must be 18 years of age or older or winner must be the parent/legal guardian of a guest under 18 years of age.
- If a winner elects to travel or partake in the prize without a guest, no additional compensation will be awarded to the winner.
- Winners and guests must travel on the same itinerary.
A random drawing will be held on or about November 1, 2017 to select 4 potential winners. Sponsor or their delegate agency will notify each potential winner by phone or e-mail within twenty-four (24) hours following the drawing
Administrator will select an alternative potential winner if any potential winner does not claim the prize within 5 calendar days of notification
So that’s it. Not much to ask to enter a competition for a pretty nice prize. I’ve entered once already and I may return to the sweepstakes page one or two more times to give myself a little bit more of a chance….but I’m not going further than that.
Good luck to those who enter!